Thursday, December 20, 2012

More Videos from Yeomen, 1981

I seem to have slowed down on posting the still pictures from the old shows, but then I have been working on editing videos of individual songs from the 1981 "Yeomen of the Guard". Earlier today I put up on YouTube "When our gallant Norman foes" sung by Anne Hering as Dame Carruthers, and "Is life a boon" sung by myself as Colonel Fairfax. One is reminded by the (inappropriate?) giggles during the former song that the videos of this show were recorded (by Jim Novack) at the pickup rehearsal on Thursday November 12th, 1981. Apparently there were some of Anne's friends in the audience. Re the second item, I think it was often known to the other cast members as the "Fa'boom" song.
     Waiting in the wings is the rest of Act I, and I hope to be able to post this, and index it here, before I have to start really paying attention to the upcoming semester. Talking of which, it always seemed right that I should play an alchemist, since my chosen profession is chemistry.
                                    - DAU

2 comments:

  1. Any chance that Pirates from 1982 (with me) has been digitized? I remember we had a viewing party right after the show and that was the only time I ever saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked at the list of shows for which we have videos. Pirates (1982) is on 3/4" U-Matic tape and has not been digitized as far as I know. The tapes may eventually find their way to the Cornell Library, and I expect to donate a U-Matic player to them as well (courtesy of Jim Maas).

      Delete