Thursday, December 6, 2012

Iolanthe in New Zealand in 1953

In the course of writing the article "In Search of Miss Violet" I began to mistrust my memory of events from the 1950s, when I was at school in New Zealand. Specifically, when did Wanganui Girl's College put on a production of Iolanthe? I was fortunate to be able to contact Judy Armstrong, who not only confirmed the date, but also sent me a couple of B&W photos from that show. All of the parts were played by the girls of the college; Judy herself played the part of a peer. The full cast is shown in a photo in the Still Photographs page.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I was an active participant in the late 70's and have 2 pix I'd love to share with you. One of Fred Ahl in Sorcerer and one of myself in the chorus. This is really neat to discover this blog!
    Peace,
    Martha Gearhart
    martha gearhartsorcerer77.jpg
    fredahlsorcerer77.jpg

    ReplyDelete